LATEST BRADPOLE CIVIL PARISH NEWS
BRADPOLE’S PARKS, OPEN SPACES AND PLAYGROUNDS REMAIN OPEN SUBJECT TO CURRENT GOVT ADVICE
– The Bradpole Council Fingerpost Project is progressing with the first fingerpost at Watford Lane now fully restored to its former glory and back in position at Watford Lane. Work to refurbish the Mangerton Lane post is now underway which will be followed by refurbishment of the post at Higher Street, Bradpole. Funded by the council and a grant from the CPRE, this project has been possible thanks to the work of volunteers with the assistance of the Dorset AONB.
– There will be no council meeting in July but members will be discussing how and when a safe return to face-to-face Council meetings may be arranged. CALENDAR
– Following the devastating Wareham fire in May 2020 which saw an area the size of 230 football pitches destroyed, Dorset Council have launched a multi-agency campaign to ban BBQs and camp fires in high risk areas in Dorset. Bradpole Council are one of many organisations supporting the campaign to preserve our beautiful environment.
– Bradpole Forster Village Hall has re-opened and trustees are looking forward to welcoming new and previous users back. If you would like to be involved in the running and development of the hall, come along to an introductory meeting on Monday 12th July at 7.30pm.
– Bradpole Council’s achievement in ongoing commitment to Councillor training and development has been recognised by the DAPTC for 2019-20 and 2021-22 in events that widen and update Councillor knowledge of the many factors that can help them serve their community.
– Bradpole Council has Councillor vacancies which may be filled by co-option.
– Weekly report to councillors available at this page.
& on Twitter: @BradpoleCouncil
Bradpole Parish Council working for the Bradpole Civil Parish Community