Bradpole Parish Council
Minutes of Bradpole Parish Council Meeting held in the Village Hall
Thursday 1st December 2016 at 7.30pm
Present: Councillors: Spear, Baker, Hudson, Giles Townsend, Ellis, Smart and Coatsworth.
Kate Graham, Co-ordinator for Neighbourhood Plan and two members of the public also in attendance.
- Apologies: Cllr Casey and Cllr Dendle
- Declarations of Interest: None at this time Councillors to declare an interest at the time should the situation arise.
- Nomination and Election of Chairman: Cllr Spear confirmed that he was still willing to be Chairman of the Parish Council. No other nominations received. Cllr Baker proposed that Cllr Spear be elected as Chairman of Bradpole Parish Council, seconded by Cllr Ellis, unanimously agreed. Resolved
- Minutes of Meeting Held on 3rd November 2016 – Minutes taken as read, line two Item 2, following wording deleted “a copy of the letter had been previously circulated to Councillors prior to meeting”. Minutes then agreed and signed as a true record.
- Reports from WDDC and DDC Councillors – Five minutes – To receive reports on WDDC and DCC Matters: No information at this time.
- Democratic Ten Minutes: Kate Graham addressed Councillors in regard to the proposed first stage visits to the “call for land” sites. Mr Kinsella asked Councillors if there was any news in regard to a crossing been installed at Kings Head. He was informed once again that Bridport Town Council had been contacted and they will be discussing it at their January Meeting. Mr Kinsella gave his permission for his details to be passed to Bridport Town Council.
- Matters Arising from Minutes 3rd November 2016:
a) Councillor Vacancy – The Clerk informed Councillors that no election had been called for therefore the Council could co-op a Councillor as soon as practicable. Councillors agreed to discuss the matter at the January Parish Council Meeting.
b) Gore Cross Green – Improvements to Surface – A report from Wessex Grounds Services had previously been circulated to Councillors. At this time there is no need to carry out any further work until a review of the ground is carried out in the spring. The Clerk still trying to make contact with the Football team to establish whether or not they will be using the ground in 2017 for practices and matches. To be an agenda item for January Meeting.
c) Parking – Higher Street – Badger Row – Update re meeting with Highways – Cllr Coatsworth reported that he was still waiting to hear from a representative from Highways.
d) Social Media Policy – After consideration and discussions Cllr Baker proposed that Bradpole Parish Council adopt the proposed Social Media Policy and that it should be reviewed in 6 months’ time, seconded by Cllr Hudson, proposal voted on, 6 Councillors for, 1 abstention. Resolved.
Parish Face Book Page – After consideration and discussion Cllr Spear proposed that Cllr Casey on behalf of Bradpole Parish Council should be allowed to set up a Parish Face Book Page, seconded by Cllr Ellis, proposal voted on, 6 Councillors for, and 1 abstention. Resolved. Councillors also agreed that The Clerk, Cllr Baker and Cllr Dendle should be able to access the page if the need should arise.
e) DAPTC AGM- Report from Cllr Baker and Cllr Hudson previously circulated to Councillors, a further short verbal update given by Cllr Baker.
f) Parish Office Rental Agreement with Village Hall – The Clerk informed the meeting that she had received a copy of an unsigned agreement from the Village Hall Committee but had not been able to locate a signed agreement. Councillors agreed that this needed to be reviewed and then to be discussed at the January Meeting.
g) Topping of trees in The Gore – Backing onto gardens in Blind Lane Close – Information: Cllr Spear informed Councillors that he had visited the site and spoken to Mr Head who was requesting that four of the trees are topped to reduce their height as they are restricting light into his garden and also that the Sycamore is cut down. After discussion Councillors agreed that Carl Stoodley should be asked to give a quote in regard to carrying out the tree work and also for him to report on the health and stability of the Sycamore, Councillors would then consider the matter again at the January Meeting.
- Bridport Wider Neighbourhood Plan – First Stage Site Visits – Cllr Spear informed the Councillors that as had been pointed out by Kate Graham no decisions have been made in regard to any of the suggested sites and these first site visits are really for the group to see what the sites are like and learn more about them. Cllr Coatsworth and Cllr Hudson to attend on behalf of the Parish Council. Cllr Spear will be in attendance as he is a member of the Steering Group.
- Request for speed limit signage – A3066 – Gore Cross – After discussion Councillors agreed that the request already made to by Mr Newman has been answered by the Police and DCC but a letter should be sent from the PC requesting that the trees and vegetation around the road signs is cut back as soon as possible.
- Bridport Wider Neighbourhood Plan – Vision 2030 – Update – Cllr Baker reported that since April he and Cllrs Dendle and Spear have been monitoring the progress of the NHP as requested. Although there has been improvement there are still areas of concern in regard to the Housing Group which seems to be holding up the progression of the plan. Cllr Baker also pointed out that a lot of good work is also been carried out by most of the group members, the Chairman of the NHP is very aware that more effort is put in to make sure the plan moves forward.
10 a. Democratic Ten Minutes: Mr Richer addressed the Councillors in regard to his planning application for his home, Springfield, Lee Lane.
WD/D/16/002327 SPRINGFIELD, LEE LANE, BRADPOLE, DT6 4AJ- TWO STOREY EXTENSION (FULL)
After discussion the corporate view of Councillors was that they had no objections to the application.
WD/D/16/002207 1 THREAD MILL LANE, PYMORE, BRIDPORT, DT6 5QT – ADDITION OF WOOD BURNING STOVE FLUE (FULL).
After discussion the corporate view of the Councillors was that they had no objections to the application.
WD/D/16/002150 LIDL, ST ANDREWS ROAD, BRIDPORT – PROPOSED TOTEM PYLON
DAPTC – Chief Executive’s Circular
DAPTC – CSR Public Consultation
a) To consider any correspondence received after Published Agenda
a) Payments for Approval:
1446 B.Burton £375.00 Grass Cutting :
1447 DAPTC £7.50 Councillors Guides:
1448 Wessex Grounds £775.20 Gore Cross Green Surface Work:
1449 Forest Tree Care £576.00 Topping of trees in The Gore:
1450 HM Revenue £93.57:
1451 S. Goldsmith £391.45 Wages, Postage and Admin
- b) Bank Reconciliation – To agree and approve – Amendment to Reconciliation 3rd November – The Clerk updated Councillors with the amended figure, band reconciliation checked by Cllr Baker and signed as an accurate record of funds.
- Parish Maintenance:
a) Allotments – The Clerk reported that all three allotments are allocated and all have work been carried out on them. The Parish Council will need to consider replacing the boundary fence in the New Year.
b) Lengthsman – The Clerk reported that she had to report that once again that the Lengthsman had not been able to carry out any Parish work over the past three weeks, other than emptying the dog bins owing to Bridport Town Council employing him for work within the town. Clerk to monitor this issue again and report back to Council if the matter does not improve.
c) Pageants Field – The Clerk reported that she and Cllr Hudson will look into the purchasing of the gate and necessary materials in the New Year and liaise with the Lengthsman in regard to the fitting of it.
e) Japanese Knotweed – Autumn Review – The Clerk reported that the treatment plan appears to be working well but we will have to wait to the Spring to see how much regrowth there is. The spraying will re commence again in April 2017. Cllr Baker has met the new owner of Gore House, Mr Norris and he is very keen to work with the Council in regard to the Knotweed. He will commence treatment of the areas within the grounds in the Spring.
- Clerks Information: No new information at this time
- Councillors Information:
Cllr Coatsworth: Spoke about the reorganisation of the Electoral Boundaries and also the proposed new unitary councils. There should be more information in regard to this matter in the New Year. Also gave an update in regard to the changes to the Health Service within West Dorset.
Cllr Baker: Informed Councillors that the Fields In Trust Protection Order was now in place and it is hoped that in New Year a minor event could be held on the Green. A Christmas Message has been placed on the Web Site.
Cllr Hudson: Gave a verbal update in regard to the recent Western DAPTC Meeting.
- Date of Next Meeting: After discussion Cllrs agreed that the next Parish Council Meeting would be held on Thursday 12th of January 2017 7.30pm.
Meeting Closed at 9.10 pm Signed. T. Dendle