Bradpole Parish Council
Minutes of Bradpole Parish Council Meeting held in the Village Hall
Thursday 7th January 2016 at 7.30pm
Present: Cllrs: Spear (Vice Chairman), Dendle, Baker, Ellis, Mason, Giles- Townsend, Hudson and Harvey.
Mrs Sandra Goldsmith, Parish Clerk. Cllr Ros Kayes. No members of the public present.
1. Apologies: Cllr Chilcott. Authorised Absence: Cllr Coatsworth
2. Declarations of Interest: None at this time. Councillors to declare declaration of interest at the time should any arise.
3 Minutes of Meeting Held on 3rd December 2015: Taken as read, item 14 b amended to read “After discussion Cllr Baker proposed that anyone signing up for an allotment over the winter and prior to the annual rent renewal due on the 1st April 2016 should pay a sum of £10 immediately which would then cover them through to 31st March 2017”, minutes then agreed and signed as a true record.
4. Reports from WDDC and DDC Councillors – Five minutes – To receive reports on WDDC and DCC Matters: Cllr Kayes spoke in regard to the closure of youth clubs within the County, and the possible withdrawal of bus services. It would appear that the No 40 bus which serves Bradpole will not be effected. Bridport Youth Centre would be looking for help in opposing any closure. She also spoke in regard to the reduction in the amount of funds paid to the Leisure Centre for the swimming pool by County. She also spoke about the Master Plan for Vearse Farm.
5. Democratic Ten Minutes – No members of the public present
6. Matters Arising from Minutes 3rd December 2015:
a) DCC Members Divisional Fund – To agree on items to be purchased: After discussion Cllr Mason proposed that subject to final quotation from Edwards 1.5.sets of 76mm Standard Goal Post be applied for from Divisional Fund, seconded by Cllr Hudson, unanimously agreed. Secondly Cllr Dendle proposed that the quotation from Earth Anchors for picnic bench for eight persons to be placed on Gore Cross Green be applied for from Divisional Fund, cost £680, seconded by Cllr Ellis, unanimously agreed. Thirdly Cllr Harvey proposed that the quotation from Buyer Direct for Gazebo at the cost of £524.18 be applied for from Divisional Fund also that the Parish Council fund the cost of the printed valance, seconded by Cllr Mason, unanimously agreed.
b) Registration of land Assets – Update – Cllr Baker informed the meeting that he and the Clerk had visited Nantes solicitors during early December to review and schedule the deeds and documents relating to Bradpole PC owned land which are deposited there. Cllr Baker gave information in regard to various agreements in regard to Pageant’s Field and also the valuation and registration of Pageants Field. Cllr Spear thanked Cllr Baker and the Clerk for the time they had spent on this issue.
c) Meeting with Jez Morris, Magna Housing 10th December – Update – The Clerk reported that she with three of the Councillors had met with Mr Morris. He had spoken about the changes within Magna in regard to tenancy agreements and maintenance of properties and his willingness to work with the Parish Council to address any issues.
d) Drop Kerbs – Trinity Way and Caley Way – Progress information – The Clerk informed Councillors that she had spoken with Cllr Coatsworth and he stated that the work will be carried out but no actual date has been given, he is in regular contact with the lady at County who is responsible for the work and it will be carried out when it comes to the top of the list. Clerk to update Mr Fricker
e) Resurfacing on Village Road – Cllr Coatsworth will take this matter up with Highways.
7. Dorset Home Choice – Housing Register for West Dorset and Weymouth and Portland Area – Councillors to discuss. After discussion Councillors agreed that after reading the information in this report there appears to be property available but people need to know how to apply. Councillors agreed that a link to the information should be placed on the Parish Web Site.
a) Consultation: WD/D/15/002786 36 Court Close, Bradpole, Provision of off-street parking space & dropped kerb (Full) – After discussion Councillors agreed that they had no objections in regard to this application.
b) Approval: WD/D/15/002689 21 Claremont Road, Bradpole, Erection of a PVC conservatory (Full)
a) DCC Highways – Winter Maintenance Policy
b) WDDC – Invitation to Local Plan Seminar of Town and Parish Councils and Neighbourhood Plan Groups – Councillors to make their own arrangements to attend if they wish to.
c) Barry Bates – Master Plan for Vearse Farm, Bridport – After discussion Councillors agreed that no further action would be taken as this letter was for information only.
Above Correspondence Circulated to Councillors prior to the meeting
10. Democratic Ten Minutes – No members of the public present
11. Identification of Green Spaces and Important Community Buildings within the Parish which maybe in need of protecting. – After discussion Councillors agreed that a working group consisting of Cllrs Hudson, Baker, Mason and Spear should meet to identify areas and then report back to the Parish Council.
12. Bridport Wider Area Neighbourhood Plan – No new information at this time other than the need for green spaces and important community buildings within the parish to be identified.
a) Payments for Approval Cheques:
1383 Forest Tree Care £1,080.00 Work at The Gore:
1384 Footeprints £52.50 Inks:
1385 HM Revenue £85.25:
1386 S. Goldsmith £342.75 Wages and Admin
b) Bank Balances:
Current Account: £6,003.38
Deposit Account: £1,585.94
WDDC Bond £35,652.04
14. Parish Maintenance:
a) Allotments: The Clerk reported that she had hopefully found a resident who will rent the allotment.
c) Pageants Playing Field – Goal Post still needs to be removed.
d) Gore Cross Green – Goal Post still needs to be removed.
e) The Gore – Councillors agreed that the hedge work had been carried out to a high standard. Cllr Mason stated the edge of the path needs to be cut back, Lengthsman has this on his list.
f) Lengthsman – Any work requirements to be passed to Clerk. Clerk to meet with Bridport Town Council to discuss the work load for the Lengthsman.
g) Finger Post, Watford Lane junction Pymore Road – Letter from Peter Bailey – After discussion Councillors agreed not to take any further action at this time, as it could set a precedence. Clerk to make enquiries with DCC.
15. Clerk’s Information:
Clerk informed Councillors that she had received a telephone call from Janis Moore, Vicar of Holy Trinity, in regard to the Church and the Parish Council joining together to provide some form of a Celebratory Event for the Queen’s 90th Birthday. The official week-end for events is the 10th -11th of June. After discussion Cllr Ellis agreed to attend a meeting of the friends of the church to find out more information.
16. Councillors Information Items:
Cllr Baker: Reported that he had checked the number of visits to our website and during 2015 there had been 6927 visits.
Cllr Dendle: Reported that she was perusing with WDDC the matter in regard to Badger Row having postal address of 1-6 Higher Street.
Cllr Hudson: Reported his concerns over large vehicles parking in Trinity Way.
Cllr Mason: To do a pot hole check around the Parish.
17. Date of Next Meeting: Thursday 4th February 2016 7.30pm
Meeting Closed at 8.58pm
Signed N. Chilcott Dated 4th February 2016