Bradpole Parish Council
Minutes of Bradpole Parish Council Meeting held in the Village Hall
Thursday 6th April 2017 at 7.30pm
Present: Councillors: Dendle (Vice Chairman), Baker, Ellis, Smart, Casey, Coatsworth and Giles-Townsend.
Mrs Sandy Goldsmith. Parish Clerk. No members of the public present.
1. Apologies: Cllr Spear
2. Declarations of Interest – None at this time Councillors to declare an interest at the time should the situation arise.
3. Minutes of Meeting Held on 2nd March 2017 – Minutes taken as read, agreed and signed as a true record.
4. Reports from WDDC and DDC Councillors – Five minutes – To receive reports on WDDC and DCC Matters: Cllr Coatsworth informed the meeting that he had made enquiries in regard to Mr Kinsella’s comment about a roof garden being installed at DCC Offices in Dorchester this was a false story which the press had seized upon.
5. Democratic Ten Minutes: No members of the public present
6. Matters Arising from Minutes 2nd March 2017:
a) Use of Gore Cross Green by Football Club – The Clerk reported that she was still not receiving any replies to her emails or telephone calls to Mr Symes.
b) Parish Office Rental Agreement – Cllr Spear had asked for the matter to be carried over to the May meeting as he still has to meet with the hall trustees. Councillors agreed, agenda item for May.
c) BLAP Membership – After discussion Cllr Casey proposed that Bradpole Parish Council join BLAP, seconded by Cllr Ellis unanimously agreed. Cllr Coatsworth said he would be willing to act as Parish Representative.
d) Pageants Field – To discuss Field Issues and Options: After discussions in regard to changes in the Government White Paper concerning open spaces owned by Councils and the report Councillors had been given prior to the meeting asking them to consider the options available in regard to the further protection of Pageants Field. Councillors agreed to do nothing at this stage but to remain aware of the Government consultation progress.
e) Web Site – To agree cost for design of new website to make it mobile friendly: Cllr Baker informed Councillors that the current Web Site is not mobile friendly and from information gained from members of the public a large number access the website via a mobile device. After discussion Cllr Dendle proposed that the Council accept the quote for £355 to design a new website making it mobile device friendly, seconded by Cllr Ellis, agreed by 6 Councillors, one abstention.
7. DAPTC Annual Conference – Cllr Baker gave a verbal report to Councillors. Bob Gillis BTC had asked him to join in giving a presentation on “How Dorset Town and Parish Council are Successfully Working Together”. Other subjects covered: – unitary councils and discussions about precepts. He was also able to confirm with NALC that Councillors could set their own criteria for skills required in the co-option of a Councillor if a casual vacancy arises.
8. Parish Councillor Vacancies – The Clerk informed Councillors that no election had been called for and therefore the Council could co-op Councillors for the existing two vacancies. After discussion Councillors agreed that a working group should be formed to produce a draft job description and bring back to the next meeting. Cllr Smart and Ellis agreed to form the working group together with the Clerk.
9. Bridport Wider Neighbourhood Plan – Vision 2030
a) Neighbourhood Plan Monitoring 2017 Review and Update: Cllrs Dendle and Baker informed Councillors that as requested, they together with Cllr Spear have monitored the Steering Group and Working Groups progress. In general improvements have been made although there was still concern of the Land Use Group. Unfortunately the date proposed for the Plan to be submitted to the Inspector has been delayed yet again. Consultation in regard to the draft plan should be commencing in June.
Cllr Coatsworth raised concerns over some of the sites that had been included in the Land Use Report. After discussion Cllr Coatsworth proposed that a Bradpole Parish Councillor should be invited to be present when any discussions are held with local landowners and members of the Neighbourhood Plan Groups within Bradpole Parish. Seconded by Cllr Casey, Cllr Dendle abstained from voting, agreed by other Councillors in attendance. Clerk to write to Katy Graham and Bob Gillis.
Cllr Baker updated Councillors in regard to the draft intentions document, the document is not complete, maps are missing from it.
i) WD/D/17/000276 15 COURT CLOSE, BRADPOLE, DT6 3EH Create a driveway/ hardstanding in my front garden for the use of car parking. Works to include laying of a porous hardstanding, dropping of approximately 8 kerb stones and make good of works around pathway (Full) – No objections
ii) WD/D/16/002884 24 STUART WAY, BRADPOLE, DT6 4AU New Wooden Lap Fence around the property (retrospective) (Full) – After discussion Councillors agreed that they were opposed to this application on the following Material Planning Consideration: The Layout, Design and Visual Appearance of Development is not in keeping with the surrounding properties. Councillors also wished to make the comment that the fence largely conceals a recently constructed outbuilding (shed with grille) which protrudes above the level of the fence. This outbuilding is not a permitted development in an AON.B
iii) WD/D/17/000677 2 TOWNSEND WAY, BRADPOLE, DT6 3FA Demolish existing conservatory & erect single storey extension (Full) – No objections to application but Councillors agreed a comment should be made in regard to the Japanese Knotweed which is growing on land owned by the PC adjacent to the address and also in the grounds of Gore House.
i) WD/D/17/000282 3 DREW CLOSE, BRADPOLE, DT6 3JG Erect single storey extension to the north-east elevation. Construct a low level retaining wall to create a dry area to north-east wall of extension. Modify existing dropped kerb to provide vehicular access to existing gravel parking area. (Full)
ii) WD/D/16/002860 26 FOX CLOSE, BRADPOLE, DT6 3JF Small extension to front elevation to provide and small entrance lobby and ground floor Toilet. (Full)
WD/D/16/002688 3 NEWFOUNDLAND, BRADPOLE, DT6 3JB Outline application for the erection of 1 no. single storey residential dwelling (Outline)
d) To consider any applications received after agenda published
WATAG – AGM: Mr Beer – Allotment Enquiry
BLAP- Bulletin: DAPTC – Leader European Grants Information
DAPTC – Winter Magazine
c) To discuss correspondence received after published agenda
Letter from Loders School PTA asking if the Parish Council would consider making a donation towards the cost of outings for the children. Several children from the Parish attend the school. Councillors agreed that as previously agreed in the budget the PC would not be making any donations this financial year. Councillors suggested that the PTA approach the friends of Holy Trinity in regard a donation from the Fete Money current held for local groups.
12. Democratic Ten Minutes: No members of the public present
a) Payments for Approval: Chq
: 1465 BTC £2160.00 – Lengthsman
: 1466 J.Morey £90.00 Weekly Inspections
: 1467 S.Goldsmith £374.79 Wages and Admin
: 1468 HM Revenue £93.57 :
Taken as read and unanimously agreed.
b) Bank Balances:
: Current Account £2446.35
: Deposit Account £10590.46
: WDDC Bond £35844.89
14. Parish Maintenance:
a) The Gore – The Clerk reported that the Lengthsman would be treating the path but would be fencing off area and displaying notices. Cllr Dendle suggested that some new shrubs could be planted at the top of The Gore where residents had cut back some vegetation.
b) Pageants Play Area – A den had been built in one corner of the field but has now been removed by the Lengthsman. The new gate should be fitted within the next week.
c) Gore Cross Green – After discussion Councillors agreed that a working group should be formed to discuss an event to be held on the 8th of July. Cllr Casey agreed to take the lead on this event. Meeting to be held in the Parish Office at 7.30pm on Thursday 20th of April. Councillors who are willing to help will be welcome at the meeting. Cllr Casey to report back at May meeting.
d) Railway Crossing Gardens – Lengthsman to carry out some tree and shrub work.
15. Clerks Information: Awaiting financial statements from WDDC and Lloyds Bank, the accounts would then be given to the internal auditor.
16. Councillors Information:
Cllr Baker: Spoke to Councillors in regard to the Planning Course he had attended and updated members with relevant information. Also gave an update in regard to Vearse Farm.
Cllr Dendle: Stated that she was making enquiries with WDDC Planning in regard to the Landscaping at Badger Row. To be discussed as an Agenda Item at the May PC Meeting.
Cllr Casey: Informed Councillors that he is standing as a candidate for the Green Party at the County Council elections on the 4th of May.
17. Date of Next Meeting: Tuesday 9th May 2017
Meeting Closed: 9.20pm Signed: P. Dendle 9th May 2017