Bradpole Parish Council
Minutes of Bradpole Parish Council Meeting held in the Village Hall
Thursday 1st November 2018 at 7.30pm
Present: Cllrs: Dendle (Chairman), Baker, Smart, Casey, Coatsworth and Hudson. Cllr Bussell and Mrs Sandy Goldsmith, Parish Clerk. Three members of the public.
Cllr Dendle welcomed everyone to the meeting.
Councillor Dendle proposed a change in the published agenda Item 7 to be moved to Item 14 (1), agreed by Councillors present.
1. Apologies: Cllr Coatsworth informed Clerk he would be late in attending meeting. Non Attendee: Cllr Dunn
2. Declarations of Interest: None at this time, Councillors to declare an interest during the meeting if necessary.
3 Minutes of Meeting Held on 4th October 2018 – Minutes taken as read and signed as a true record.
4. Reports from WDDC and DDC Councillors – Cllr Bussell gave an update concerning the withdrawal of bus service 40 as from Monday 5th November. Council looking into the running of a 24 seater from Bridport to Yeovil College to enable students to carry on with their education, this is hoped to continue until June next year. The bus will be for college pupils only. He also gave update in regard to the new wards, Bridport will now have 3 Councillors representing Bridport Town and surrounding Parishes including Walditch, he gave further information in regard to the preparations for the new Dorset Council and the financial affect it may have on future services and assets. He also informed Councillors Bridport Smart Eco Housing has currently withdrawn their intent to apply for planning on Watton Hill.
5. Democratic Ten Minutes – Gentleman raised an issue in regard to footpath leading from Gore Cross Business Park to Pymore. Land concerned is owned by WDDC
Councillor Coatsworth joined meeting
6. Matters Arising from Minutes 4th October 2018:
a) Badger Row Landscaping – Cllrs Dendle and Baker referred to the report previously circulated to Councillors regarding their meeting with WDDC Officer, Bill Wilberforce and a representative from Abbas Ecology. WDDC have confirmed they are now working on drafting a revised plan to be submitted to planning for approval prior to finalising the on-site works.
b) Boundary Changes- Councillors discussed reply received from Bridport Town Council stating any changes applied for by the Town Council would solely be for the inclusion of Vearse Farm and part of Watton Park. It is likely this matter will be reported on during the meeting of Bridport Finance and General Purpose Committee on the 14th of November which will be open to the public.
c) Bradpole Parish ROW – The Clerk reported she had received information from Russell Goff, he will be coming to Bradpole Parish to walk all the rights of way to familiarise himself with the area and start work on a program.
d) Notice Boards – Cllr Dendle informed Councillors she had received a very good quote from Earth Anchors for two notice boards the total cost excluding vat £1282.50. One board would replace the current one at Pymore and the second one would be installed on Pageants Field. After discussion Cllr Casey proposed the Parish Council purchase two new notice boards as per the quote from Earth Anchors and if necessary money to be taken from Parish reserves, seconded by Cllr Wendy Smart, unanimously agreed. Councillors also discussed the need for
a Notice Board Policy.
7. Co-option of Councillor to Parish Council – Moved Item 14 (1)
8. Bridport Area Neighbourhood Plan – Cllr Baker gave an update in regard to the progress of the draft plan and pointed out there are various amendments that need to be made, which will result in further work to be carried out by the Steering Group. There would need to be a change in submission time line. He also told Councillors he has on several occasions pointed out to JCC members he does not have the authority to agree to any final decisions without the agreement of the Parish Council. After discussions Councillors agreed a letter should be sent to David Dixon, Project Manager and Will Austin, Bridport Town Clerk reaffirming Cllr Baker’s role on the JCC.
9. Planning Meeting Dorchester 9th October 2018 – After discussing Cllr Baker’s previously circulated report. Councillors discussed the best way forward with regard to Bradpole Parish Council responding to future Planning Consultations. Councillors agreed a working party should be appointed to consider applications which arise and report back to the monthly full Council meeting. Working party member as follows, Cllrs: Dendle, Baker, Hudson and Cllr Alan Smart.
Cllr Dendle left the room, having previously declared an interest in Item 10
WD/D/18/002179 17 CONEYGAR CLOSE, BRADPOLE, DT6 3AR Single storey side extension with pitched roof & new pitched roof on front porch (Full) – Councillors discussed application all agreed they did not object to the application, but wished to make a comment in regard to extension window overlooking neighbours garden.
WD/D/18/002387 5 HIGHER STREET, BRADPOLE, DT6 3JA Erection of first floor rear extension. (Full) – Councillors discussed application and after considering all material considerations agreed by a majority decision, 4 Councillors for 1 against, they had no objections in regard to this application. Councillors agreed a comment should be made regarding the proposed timber cladding which would be out of character with adjacent properties.
b) Approval: WD/D/18/001258 FORSTERS, FORSTERS LANE, BRADPOLE, DT6 3HY : Erection of outbuilding
c) To consider any Planning Matters received after published agenda: Approval: WD/D/18/000809 METZ FARM
COTTAGE, HIGHER STREET, BRADPOLE, DT6 3HZ. Erection of 2 dwellings and alterations to existing dwelling. Cllr Baker told Councillors the CIL payable to the Parish from this application would be in the region of £5000.
Cllr Dendle re-joined the meeting.
Cllr Bussell and one member of the public left the meeting.
a) Bridport Co Housing – Poster – After discussion Councillors agreed this poster was not suitable to be displayed on Parish Notice Boards or Web Site.
b) Bridge Magazine – Information Articles 2019 – After discussion Councillors agreed the Clerk to submit any relevant information articles to the Bridge editors.
c) To discuss any correspondence received after published agenda
Letter from resident regarding the installation of a Speed Indication Display Sign in Jessopp Avenue. After much discussion Councillors agreed the Clerk should obtain relevant information and report back to the next Parish Meeting.
12. Democratic Ten Minutes – No matters raised.
13. Remembrance Service – Sunday 11th of November 2018 – Cllr Dendle to attend Church Service and lay the Remembrance Wreath, all Councillors welcome to attend.
a) Payments for Approval Cheque Nos:
25 :Forest Tree Care £30.00 Tree work
26 : B Burton £471.00Grass Cutting.
27 : Footeprints £66.74 Inks
28 : Asgard £1591.00 Shed
29 : HM Revenue £104.06
30 : S Goldsmith £438.69 Wages and Admin
31 : RBL £75.00 Poppy Wreath .
b) Bank Balances : Current £5,945.21
c) Budget and Precept 2019/20 – The Clerk presented to Councillors the draft proposed Budget and Precept for 2019/20, prepared by the agreed working party. After discussion and amendments to draft budget, Cllr Baker proposed Councillors should agree the proposed budget of £35320 for 2019/20, seconded by Cllr Dendle, unanimously agreed.
Cllr Dendle proposed Councillors should agree a Precept of £35320 for 2019/20, seconded by Cllr Wendy Smart, unanimously agreed.
d) On line banking – After discussion Cllr Dendle proposed the Clerk should make enquiries and obtain necessary paperwork to allow Bradpole Parish Council banking matters to be dealt with online, seconded by Cllr Casey, unanimously agreed.
Cllr Wendy Smart left the room, having previously declared an interest in the Co-option of Councillor.
14 (1) Co-option of Councillor to Parish Council: Councillors discussed previously circulated application received from Mr Alan Smart, in attendance at meeting. Councillors agreed he met the criteria in regard to the Council’s Co –option policy. Council Dendle asked Councillors if they had any questions to ask Mr Smart, she then asked Mr Smart if there was anything he wished to ask Councillors. With questions asked and answered Cllr Dendle proposed Mr Alan Smart should be co-opted as a Bradpole Parish Councillor, seconded by Cllr Casey, unanimously agreed by Councillors present.
Cllr Alan Smart joined fellow Councillors at the table, declaration of acceptance of office form signed.
Cllr Wendy Smart re -joined the meeting.
15. Parish Maintenance.
a) Gore Cross Green – Cllr Hudson still chasing up estimated for shed base installation.
16. Clerk’s Information: No new information.
17. 9.10pm, Chairman closed meeting to allow Councillors to discuss confidential information in regard to Clerk’s Annual Staff Appraisal.
18. 9.20 pm, Chairman re opened meeting. Cllr Dendle requested the Clerk should record in the minutes, thanks from all the Councillors for the professional way she carries out her duties.
19. Date of January 2019 Parish Council Meeting. Councillors agreed the Parish Council should meet on the normal Parish Council Meeting day – Thursday 3rd of January 2019.
20. Councillors Information Items: None.
21. Date of Next Meeting: Thursday 6th December 2018 7.30pm
Meeting Closed at 9.30pm.
Signed T Dendle 6th December 2018