The Forster Memorial Institute in Higher Street, Bradpole, DT6 3JA, was built by public subscription in honour of locally born Parliamentarian William Forster* and opened in 1890. Restoration and improvement work was carried out in the 1970’s and the building is now recognised as Bradpole Village Hall.
The building is held in Trust by a board of Trustees for the general benefit of the inhabitants of the village of Bradpole and its neighbourhood. The charity’s governing document is a Deed of Trust dated May 1977.
The day-to-day administration is undertaken by a Management Committee. The Trust’s AGM is normally held annually in October.
Bradpole Parish Council rents an office from the Trust and monthly Council Meetings are held in the main Hall.
The main Hall is available for hire by local community groups and is fully accessible with facilities for the disabled.
The facilities include the main hall (capacity 100) with tables and chairs, together with an equipped kitchen.
The Hall is suitable for many events including – Christenings, Birthdays & Anniversaries, Exercise & Dance Classes, Fundraising Events and much more.
Hall Hire Charges:
Regular weekly users…….. £5 per hour incl.
One-off bookings…………..£8 per hour incl.
For one-off bookings there is an additional party charge of £2.50 per booking.
For weddings and other party events there is a returnable damage deposit of £25.
Hall usage rules and key access arrangements are issued at the time of booking.
For all bookings, details of availability and additional information contact the Hall Secretary:
Diane Ellis …. tel 01308 420771,